Are you searching for the best bow quiver? If so, then you’re in the right place. A bow quiver is an important gear used in bow hunting and archery. It’s used to store arrows to keep them protected, allow for easy access to the arrows when shooting, and keeping you safe when carrying them. Quivers come in different designs and styles. Some rest on the back, others sit on the hip, while others are attached to the bow.
Besides having top quality arrows and a reliable bow, you also need a functional and portable quiver. Without a good quiver, you’ll perform poorly in archery or hunting. When shopping for bow quivers, you’ll come across different types of quivers. Each type is suitable for a certain purpose. Thus, you need to choose a quiver that will suit your preferences and meet your needs. Read on for detailed reviews on the top 8 bow quivers you can find today.
Quick Comparison Table
|Bow Quiver Model||Hand Orientation||Our Rating||Price|
|Allen Company Youth Archery Compact||Left & Right|
|Easton Flipside 3-Tube Hip Quiver||Left & Right|
|SAS 3 Tube Archery Target Quiver||Right|
|XTACER Multi-Function 4-Tubes Back Field Quiver||Right|
|TOPARCHERY Traditional Shoulder Back Quiver||Left & Right|
|TRUGLO TUFF-LOC Lightweight Compact||Left & Right|
|Mossy Oak Sidekick Hip Quiver||Left & Right|
|OMP Mountain Man Suede Side/Back QuiverOMP Mountain Man Suede Side/Back Quiver||Left & Right|
Top 8 Bow Quivers
When shopping for a bow quiver, you’ll come across dozens of quiver brands. They vary in terms of style, types, materials, color, arrow capacity, and other factors. Here’re detailed reviews of the top 8 bow quivers available today to make it easier for you to find the right one for your needs.
1. Allen Company Youth Archery Compact Lightweight Back Quiver
This bow quiver from Allen Company is designed to hold up to 14 arrows. Thus, you can take advantage of its spaciousness to carry enough arrows for all your hunting or archery needs. It’s black in color with orange linings on the strap and the quiver opening. It’s also available in pink/gray color.
- Youth sized: One of the benefits that come with this bow quiver is that it’s specially designed for use by youths. Its 19 inches long such that a youngster can carry it easily and safely. Its length also makes it suitable to carry arrows of all sizes.
- Compact design: The quiver features a single tube design. Thus, it’s extremely compact for enhanced portability. Its compactness makes it suitable for carrying arrows when moving through thick woods. Also, you can easily crawl while carrying this compact quiver.
- Adjustable strap: Another top feature of this quiver is that it comes with an adjustable strap. Thus, you can easily adjust the length of the strap to the most comfortable height depending on your needs and height. Besides, the strap is padded for enhanced comfort on the shoulder, especially when hanging the quiver on your shoulder for a prolonged period.
- Spacious: The quiver features a spacious hollow tubing for carrying up to 14 arrows. It’s able to keep arrows in place such that they won’t fall over when carrying them in the quiver. It also keeps the arrows safely in place such that they won’t injure you when carrying them or retrieving them in readiness to take a shot.
- Sling style: Another top feature of this bow quiver is that it comes with a sling-style design. You can wear it across your back while hanging the strap from your shoulder. Thus, you can effortlessly carry heavy arrows.
- Affordable price range
- Available in two color choices
- Easy to store and retrieve arrows
- Ideal for both left and right-handed users
- Doesn’t maintain its shape
- Not the best for adults
The Allen Company Youth Archery Compact Lightweight Back Quiver stands out for its compactness, simplicity, and lightweight nature, making it suitable for use by youths.
2. Easton Flipside 3-Tube Hip Quiver
The Easton Flipside quiver is available in black, blue, pink, and red colors. Thus, there’s a suitable color choice for everyone. It’s packed with several desirable features that make it a popular choice for many bow shooters.
- Three tube design: One of the key features of this bow quiver is that it comes with a three-tube design. This design allows for enhanced organization when storing and carrying arrows in the quiver. Its organized storage makes it easier to retrieve arrows and store them safely.
- Accessory attachment: The quiver comes with an inbuilt accessory attachment grommet. You can take advantage of the grommet to attach your bow and hunting accessories, especially when climbing a tree stand.
- Bow square slot: Another top feature of this quiver is that it comes with a bow square slot. If you never leave behind your bow square for setting your nocking point or checking tiller measurements for the limbs, then this is the right quiver for you. You can simply insert your bow square into the dedicated slot on the bow quiver for easier storage.
- Belt clip attachment: The bow quiver comes with a belt clip attachment. You can use the belt clip attachment to mount the quiver on your belt. That way, you can easily hook the quiver on your belt.
- Reversible hook and loop pocket: Another feature that is worth noting about this bow quiver is that it comes with a reversible hook and loop pocket. Its reversible nature makes it possible to wear the quiver on either the left or right side of your hip. Consequently, it’s ideal for use by both left and right-handed shooters.
- Fairly priced
- Several integrated attachments
- Available in several color options
- High-quality material
- Maintains its shape
- Tends to swing and flop around the side when walking
- The clip is not sturdy enough
Easton Flipside 3-Tube Hip Quiver stands out for its multiple accessory attachment options, making it ideal for bow shooters who like carrying other bow gear alongside their arrows.
3. SAS 3 Tube Archery Target Quiver
The SAS 3 Tube Archery Target Quiver is one of the best bow quivers available today. It’s designed to make it more convenient to carry your arrows and other hunting gear. It’s designed with enhanced comfort to wear around the waist.
- Zippered pockets: One of the most outstanding features of this bow quiver is that it comes with large side pockets. You can use the pockets to store hunting gear or any other items that can fit in. The pockets are zippered such that you won’t lose the stored.
- Binoculars pocket: The quiver also comes with a binoculars pocket. You can use the pocket to store your valuable binoculars safely while walking around the woods when hunting. The binoculars pocket is spacious enough to store standard-sized binoculars.
- Adjustable waist strap: The quiver comes with a separate bow quiver. You can attach the strap through the quiver and then attach it around your waist. The strap is adjustable such that it can fit different waist sizes.
- Three tubes: Additionally, the quiver comes with three 17-inch tubes. The three tubes allow for organized arrow storage and easy access to the arrows. The tubes are sturdy and are spacious enough to store several arrows safely.
- Reinforced nylon material: The quiver is made of a nylon material. The material is reinforced for durability. It doesn’t wear easily such that it’ll serve you for many years to come.
- Available in black, blue, and camo
- Compact size
- Doesn’t swing around
- Attractive and unique design
- Great for storing full-sized arrows
- Only suitable for right-handed users
- Not the best for storing crossbow bolts
The design behind this The SAS 3 Tube Archery Target Quiver makes it a great choice for any right-handed user.
4. XTACER Multi-Function 4-Tubes Back Field Quiver
The XTACER Multi-Function 4-Tubes quiver is available in black color. It’s designed as a back quiver to make it easier for you to store and carry heavier arrows. It has a high-quality design with all the desirable features you’d want in a quiver.
- Removable tubes: One of the features that stand out in this quiver is that it comes with four removable tubes. You can remove the tubes in case you want to carry more arrows in the quiver. If you want to store arrows in a more organized manner, then store them in the tubes.
- Fashionable: If you’re a fashion-oriented bow hunter or archer, then this is the right bow quiver for you. Its fashionable design makes it look cool when worn on the back. Its unique design also makes it stand out from other quivers of its kind.
- Oxford cloth construction: The bow quiver is made of oxford cloth material. The material is thicker than regular fabrics. It’s extremely strong and durable, yet lightweight. The material also boasts of having great waterproofing properties.
- Extra pockets: Besides the arrow storage compartment, the quiver also comes with two extra pockets. You can store any accessories or items you’d want to carry along with you in the pockets. Each pocket features a double zipper design for more convenience when unzipping and zipping the pockets.
- Handy buckles: The quiver comes with a strap design that makes it more comfortable to carry it. The straps feature handy buckles that make it effortless to hook and unhook them. The buckle design also makes it easier to adjust the length of the straps depending on your most comfortable fit.
- Large carrying capacity
- Convenient arrow storage
- Can be used to carry a takedown bow
- Three-point harness
- Great size for adults
- It’s quite pricey
- The quiver can only carry arrows with field tips and not broadheads
If you don’t mind spending a lot on a top-quality arrow quiver, then this XTACER Multi-Function 4-Tubes Back Field Quiver is your most ideal option.
5. TOPARCHERY Traditional Shoulder Back Quiver
TOPARCHERY prides in designing high-quality hunting and archery gear. This quiver is one of the most outstanding and durable back quivers. It’s designed for use by both left and right-handed users. The quiver is entirely brown in color.
- Three-layer construction: One of the most unique features of this bow quiver is that it’s constructed with three layers of top quality material. The exterior layer is made of genuine cow leather material. The middle layer is made of super-hard cow leather. The innermost layer is made of tarpaulin.
- Spacious accessories pocket: Another top feature is that the quiver comes with a spacious accessories pocket at the back. You can take advantage of the pocket to store and carry bow hunting accessories. Besides, the pocket is entirely made of handmade cow leather material for enhanced durability.
- Three-point style: The quiver features a back quiver design. It comes with a three-point style of straps such that one of the straps goes through the shoulder whereas the other two straps go through either side of the chest. That way, it’s comfortable to wear the quiver. Besides, the straps are made of premium leather for durability. Besides, the straps are adjustable for a more comfortable fit.
- Spacious: Another great feature that comes with this quiver is that it comes with a spacious room for holding multiple arrows. It’s 52 cm in height and is capable of holding arrows of all sizes.
- Wide application: Additionally, the design behind this quiver makes it ideal for carrying arrows for both outdoor hunting and archery. It’s also suitable for carrying arrows when riding on the top of a horse or quad bike while hunting.
- Suitable for both men and women
- Durable material
- Sturdy construction
- Great for both left and right-handed users
- Elaborate workmanship
- Higher price range
- Only available in brown color
TOPARCHERY Traditional Shoulder Back Quiver stands out for its superb construction and is ideal for anyone who can pay more for a well-constructed and durable quiver.
6. TRUGLO TUFF-LOC Lightweight Compact
The TRUGLO TUFF-LOC Lightweight Compact bow quiver features a unique design that stands out from other quivers. It’s specially designed for enhanced portability, especially for hunters who have to trek long distances and spend several hours in thick woods while hunting.
- Compact design: One of the most notable features of this bow quiver is its compact design. You can easily attach it to your backpack or wherever else you’d want to mount it. Besides, it’s lightweight for enhanced portability.
- Quiet and quick arrow removal: The quiver features a quick-release system that uses a cam-lock mounting mechanism. That way, you can quickly and easily remove arrows from the quiver in readiness to take a shot upon spotting your prey. Also, the thumb-tab gripper style makes it quiet to remove arrows.
- Rubber hood inserts: The quiver comes with four inserts where broadheads and field points sit in place. The inserts have a rubber hood liner that doesn’t dull the blades that come with broadheads. The rubber hood liner reduces noise when retrieving arrows to avoid alerting the prey.
- Fits most types of arrows: Another benefit of this quiver is that it can be used to store most types of arrows. It fits both aluminum and carbon arrows. Also, it fits both fixed-blade and mechanical broadheads.
- Soft-feel coating: Additionally, the quiver features a patented TruTouch soft-feel coating. The coating allows for a comfortable feel when carrying the quiver with your hand. As such, you won’t suffer from hand fatigue.
- Double-gripper design
- Vibration-free operation
- Durable composite material
- Ideal for both left and right-handed users
- Can only hold four arrows
- Doesn’t come with mounting hardware
The TRUGLO TUFF-LOC Lightweight Compact bow quiver is the best option for anyone looking for a compact quiver for carrying just a few arrows and for mounting on a crossbow.
7. Mossy Oak Sidekick Hip Quiver
The Mossy Oak Sidekick Hip Quiver is among the best bow quivers available today. It features a simple design for effortless arrow storage and retrieval. It’s spacious and can carry several arrows. Its simplicity makes it a convenient bow hunting and archery gear.
- Durable material: The quiver features a simple design. It’s made of durable fabric. It’ll keep your arrows protected for several days to come.
- Attachment clip: The quiver comes with an attachment clip. The clip attaches on the strap from one end and hooks onto your belt on the other end. That way, the quiver suspends from the waist for easy arrow removal.
- Large capacity: Another top feature of this bow quiver is its large arrow carrying capacity. It can carry about 24 standard target arrows.
- Universal use: The quiver is ideal for carrying arrows for both hunting and target practice. It’s also ideal for carrying arrows for archery purposes. You can use it to carry arrows with field points and broadheads.
- Lightweight: Another reason why you’d want to choose this quiver is its lightweight nature. You can easily hang in on your belt without feeling bulky. Besides, its portable design makes it effortless to walk around with it.
- It’s very affordable
- Fast arrow access
- Easy to clip on the belt
- Good quality for its price
- Not the best for carrying long arrows
- It’s a little floppy and can easily spill the arrows
If you’re working with a tight budget and need an affordable hip quiver, then you won’t go wrong with the Mossy Oak Sidekick Hip Quiver.
8. OMP Mountain Man Suede Side/Back Quiver
This quiver from OMP comes in a suede color. It features a traditional hollow design without any tubes installed inside. Both right and left-handed users can comfortably wear it.
- Suede material: The quiver is entirely made of premium quality suede leather material. It’s able to resist tear and wear for enhanced longevity. The material can withstand the pressure of carrying broadheads without the bottom getting damaged.
- Sturdy belt hook: The quiver comes with a sturdy clip that you can easily hook onto the belt. The clip can hold a lot of weight when hanging it on a belt with a fully-loaded quiver. It’s strong and doesn’t expand outward.
- Side/back quiver design: The design behind this quiver is unique in that you can either use it as a side/hip quiver or a back quiver. It has a three-style strap design. You can either hang it on the side/hip using the clip or wear it on the back. Thus, you can wear it depending on the style you want.
- Adjustable shoulder strap: Another great feature of this quiver is that its shoulder strap is adjustable. You can make it longer or shorter depending on your most comfortable fit. As such, it’s able to fit almost everyone.
- Traditional design: The quiver features a traditional design. It comprises of a hollow shell to easily store and retrieve arrows. Since it doesn’t have tubes, it’s able to store multiple arrows.
- Lightweight and compact
- Large storage capacity
- Not very stable when worn at the back
- Dangles a lot when worn as a hip quiver
- Not long enough for carrying full-sized arrows
The OMP Mountain Man Suede Side/Back Quiver is a great choice for anyone who wants a quiver that can be worn as either a back or hip quiver.
How to Choose the Best Bow Quiver
Bow quivers are available in several styles. They’re also available in different sizes and construction materials. Thus, they’re not made equal. Consequently, it’s important to make your choice wisely. The kind of quiver you choose will make or break your bow shooting experience. Here’re some tips that can assist you to choose a reliable bow quiver.
1. Type of quiver
Quivers are available in three major types. You can choose between back quivers, hip quivers, and bow-mounted quivers. Back quivers are typically worn on the back and are most suitable for carrying arrows when hunting. Arrows carried in a back quiver won’t get in your way, but it’s challenging to retrieve a specific arrow from a back quiver. Arrows can also fall out from a back quiver when you bend over and they’re not held snugly.
On the other hand, hip quivers are worn at the side by hanging them from the belt. Hip quivers are also known as belt or side quivers. They’re most suitable for carrying quivers for target practice and archery. You’ll need a belt and a clip to wear a hip quiver. However, most hip quivers tend to swing around and are less ideal for carrying arrows for hunting.
Bow mounted quivers are attached to the bow and you can mount or demount them depending on their design. They’re great for carrying arrows for hunting purposes. Also, bow-mounted quivers are great for carrying arrows with broadheads. However, they may add to the weight of the bow and don’t have the capacity for carrying many arrows.
2. Hand orientation
You should choose a bow quiver depending on the hand orientation you use to draw the bowstring. Some quivers are only ideal for right-handed users while others are ideal for both right-handed and left-handed users. If you draw the bowstring with your left hand, then you need a quiver that can be worn on the left shoulder or left hip. On the same note, if you draw the bowstring with your right hand, then you should choose a quiver that can be worn on the right shoulder or right hip.
3. Tubed versus tubeless quivers
Some quivers come with tubes while others are tubeless such that they have a single hollow space for storing arrows. Tubed quivers are great for anyone who wants to store expensive arrows since they store them in an organized manner. The tubes ensure that the arrows don’t jangle around each other to prevent the blades, shafts, and fletchings from damaging each other. However, they don’t have a large storage capacity. On the other hand, tubeless quivers are more compact and lightweight and can carry several arrows. However, tubeless quivers are not the best for carrying expensive arrows.
4. Quiver capacity
Another important aspect to consider is the quiver capacity. Bow mounted quivers typically carry between 3 to 6 arrows. Most back and hip quivers can carry between 12 and 24 arrows depending on their capacity. Thus, choose a quiver depending on the number of arrows you want to carry. Also, quivers differ in length. Choose a quiver that’s deep enough to carry the size of your arrows. If your arrows are full-size, then you’ll need a longer quiver.
5. Construction material
Some quivers are made of different types of fabric while others are made of leather and composite materials. The quiver you choose should be made of top quality and durable material. If you’ll be carrying arrows with field points, then a regular fabric material can do. However, if you’ll be carrying arrows with broadheads, then consider choosing a quiver with stronger and reinforced material such that it won’t get torn by the sharp blades and tips of broadheads.
6. Extra features
Additional storage space in a bow quiver would be an added advantage. If you like carrying several bow accessories, then consider choosing a quiver that comes with extra pockets. Ensure the pockets have a closing mechanism such as zippers or buttons to keep the accessories securely in place.
Choosing a reliable and durable bow quiver will make your bow hunting or archery experience better. Choose a quiver based on the task ahead. For instance, if you’ll be shooting from a tree stand, then consider a bow-mounted quiver or back quiver. Also, if you want a quiver for target practice or archery, a hip quiver is your best bet. Hopefully, our reviews on the best bow quivers will lead you in the right direction.