If you want to succeed in hunting or archery, then you need to hit a target accurately. To do that, you need to aim at the center of the target. However, it’s not easy to aim and shoot at a target successfully without some sort of assistance. Luckily, you can take advantage of a bow sight to aim and shoot with high precision. A bow sight is a small mechanical device attached to a bow to assist in aiming.
Best Bow Sights Quick Comparison Table
|Bow Sight Model||Number of Pins||Our Rating||Price|
|Trophy Ridge Volt 5||5|
|TOPOINT ARCHERY 3 Pin||3|
|IQ Bowsight Micro 3 or 5 Pin||3/5/7|
|HHA Optimizer Lite 3019||1|
Top 5 Bow Sights
Bow sights come in different styles and sizes. Besides, there’re several manufacturers to choose from. Thus, choosing the right bow sight for your bow can be quite challenging. Luckily for you, we’ve shortlisted the best bow sights available today to assist you in making the right choice.
1. Trophy Ridge Volt 5
The Trophy Ridge Volt 5 is packed with numerous advanced features that make it one of the most precise bow sights available today.
- Versatile mounting options: One of the main reasons why this sight stands out from its competitors is its versatility in mounting. It comes with offset mounting holes. The mounting holes allow for three different mounting positions. As such, you can mount it to your most comfortable position for enhanced aiming accuracy.
- Reversible mounting design: Another top feature that this sight boasts about is its reversible mounting design. This mounting design makes it possible to mount it in either a right-hand or left-hand bow. Thus, this sight can be used by both left-handed and right-handed shooters.
- Fiber optic pins: The bow sight comes with five fiber optic pins to enhance your aiming accuracy. The pins will assist you to hit closer to the center of a target for more accurate shooting. Besides, the pins are brightly illuminated for enhanced visibility. Thus, you can take advantage of these pins to aim at a target with more accuracy when hunting in poorly lit conditions.
- Fitted bubble level: Another notable feature that comes with this sight is its bubble level. The bubble level is installed in the ring at the bottom section. The bubble level will assist you to level your line of sight, especially when aiming at a target far away from you and when shooting at smaller-sized targets. Besides, the liquid used in the bubble level has a green coloring that makes it more visible in poorly lit conditions.
- Green accent ring: This sight also boasts of having a green accent ring surrounding the bow sight. Its green accent makes the sight easily visible. That way, you’ll enjoy quicker sight acquisition, especially when shooting several arrows in succession. This is especially important when hunting. In case you fail to fall your prey after the first shot, you’ll be able to acquire a succession sight more quickly for a second shot before your target prey disappears.
- Pin adjustment markings
- Elevation and windage adjustment
- Powerful LED rheostat light
- Sturdy aluminum body
- Vibration reduction design
- The batteries for the light don’t last long
- The threads in the mounting hole strip off easily
The Trophy Ridge Volt 5 bow sight is ideal for both right-handed and left-handed bow users. If you’d want to practice with both right-hand and left-hand bows, then this is the right bow sight for you.
2. TRUGLO Range-Rover
TRUGLO has specially designed this sight with simplicity in mind. It comes with a single pin that’s designed to allow for more accurate aiming combined with ease of use. It boasts of being packed with innovative features that make it a great choice for all your aiming needs.
- Premium-level aiming precision: The sight comes with an adjustment dial that assists to zero-in the center of the target for more accurate aiming and shooting. The adjustment dial allows for micro-adjustments, thanks to its smooth tuning. Just a soft rotation of the adjustment knob will adjust your aim precisely.
- Metallic pin: The pin that comes with the sight is purely made of metal. This makes it extremely sturdy and reliable. Its sturdiness makes it possible to maintain the center of the target even in windy conditions since it won’t flap around.
- Reference markings: The sight comes with reference markings that are engraved onto the sight with laser technology. This makes the reference markings accurate and clear. These markings make it possible to adjust the elevation and windage more accurately. Besides, the included yardage stop is adjustable for enhanced yardage setting.
- Adjustable mounting: You can adjust the mode of mounting when using the sight to fit either a left or right-handed user. Besides, its adjustment bracket is ultra-smooth such that you can adjust the sight with only one hand as you hold your bow position with the other hand.
- Circular sight: Another top feature that comes with this sight is its ability to offer a circular sight picture. The sight allows for a clean and clear sight such that you can center your target more precisely. That way, you’ll have higher chances of hitting the center of your target for more damage on your prey.
- The housing accepts a 1.87-inch scope lens
- Removable rheostat light
- Machined aluminum and fiber construction
- Doesn’t require any tool to lock the yardage
- Versatile adjustment options
- A little pricey
- Feels a little bulky
If you’re looking for a simple to use yet extremely accurate sight, then you won’t go wrong with the TRUGLO Range-Rover bow sight.
3. TOPOINT ARCHERY 3 Pin
This bow sight from TOPOINT ARCHERY comes with 3 pins that will assist you to aim at a target more accurately. It’s constructed with top quality materials for sturdiness and durability. Besides, it’s built with affordability and simplicity in mind.
- Easy to use: The design behind this bow sight makes it easy to use. Its operating mechanism is simple such that even a first-time user will find it effortless to use it. Its simple design also makes it easy to mount on a bow.
- Durable construction: All the components of this sight are made of top-quality materials. For instance, the pins are made of brass. Brass resists corrosion and doesn’t rust easily. The sight also features fiber and aluminum machined construction for added strength and durability while keeping its weight low.
- Adjustment markings: The sight comes with highly visible markings that assist in adjusting both the windage and elevation more precisely. The markings will assist you to make tight adjustments for maximum accuracy. Thus, you can fine-tune the center of the target for more precise aiming.
- Fixed bubble level: Another feature that is worth noting about this sight is that it comes with a fixed bubble level. If you’re left-handed, you’ll use the bubble level from the top upon mounting the sight. If you’re right-handed, you’ll use the bubble level from the bottom of the sight. That way, the bubble level is useful for both left-handed and right-handed shooters. Additionally, the bubble level has two marked bars that make it easier to level the sight.
- Illuminated sight pins: The three pins that come with the sight are illuminated for enhanced visibility in poorly lit conditions. Two of the pins illuminate in green while one of the pins illuminate in red. Additionally, the pins assist in getting a clearer sight picture.
- It’s lightweight
- High-quality sight design
- Accurately engraved markings
- Ideal for both right and left-handed users
- It’s one of the most affordable bow sights
- You may need to reinforce the pins with glue
- The bubble level is a bit loose and needs to be glued in place
If your budget is extremely tight and you’re looking for an affordable yet reliable and accurate sight, then consider choosing the TOPOINT ARCHERY 3 Pin bow sight.
4. IQ Bowsight Micro 3 or 5 Pin
The IQ Bowsight is one of the best bow sights available today. It’s specially designed to offer you multiple usability options. It’s available in different pin options and it also gives you several adjustment options. Its overall design looks luxurious such that it’ll add a taste of look to your compound bow.
- Multiple pin options: One of the most unique features about this sight is that it’s available in different pin options. You can choose between a 3-pin left hand, 3-pin right hand, 5-pin left hand, 5-pin right hand, and 7-pin bow sight. A sight with a higher number of pins is more ideal for centering a target from a longer distance while a fewer number of pins are more ideal for centering a target that is closer to you.
- Retina lock functionality: The sight comes with a unique retina lock technology that works by controlling your aiming and shooting consistency. This technology also controls your muscle memory. The retina lock also offers immediate feedback to point out any change in the anchor point. It also points out any change in the bow torque. Consequently, you’ll be able to make tighter shot groupings for high precision shooting.
- Smooth adjustment knobs: The sights comes with two adjustment knobs. One of the knobs is for adjusting the windage whereas the other knob is for adjusting the elevation. Both knobs operate smoothly such that they allow for easy micro-adjustments. Each knob adjusts the windage or elevation at 0.0015 inches per click. Consequently, you can set more precise positions with the help of the micro-adjustments and the adjustment markings. Also, the knobs allow for tool-free locking to lock the set elevation and windage.
- Double mounting positions: The sight is designed to allow for two different mounting options, thanks to the dual mounting holes. You can mount the sight on either mounting holes depending on your shooting style. Also, it comes with dual mounting holes for attaching an optional quiver.
- Strongly build: Additionally, this sight boasts of being strongly built. Its construction is solid and is made with composite materials for more strength and durability. Thus, you’re assured of enhanced long term reliability.
- Comes with a bubble level
- Adjustable second axis
- Comes with mounting screws and Allen keys
- Ideal for both left-handed and right-handed shooters
- The pins are less visible in poor light situations
- It’s a bit heavy
If you’re searching for a bow sight that has technologically advanced features to use with your compound bow, then consider choosing IQ Bowsight Micro 3 or 5 Pin.
5. HHA Optimizer Lite 3019
HHA is a leading manufacturer of bow sights and other hunting and archery accessories. It’s specially made for adjustability to suit the shooting styles of different shooters. It’s packed with numerous features that make it stand out from other sights.
- Convenient operation: One of the reasons why this sight is ideal for any hunter or archer is its convenience. You won’t have to carry any tools to adjust it. You can easily adjust it with its adjustment knobs without using any tool. Its convenience makes it ideal for use by both learners and experts.
- Advanced RDS technology: If you dislike doing complex calculations, then this is the right sight for you. It features advanced RDS technology that will allow you to do two-distance calibrations for more accurate shots.
- Great accuracy: The sight is designed to enhance the accuracy of shooting at a target, thanks to its innovative design. Its elevation arm operates smoothly for micro-adjustments. It comes with a sight tape that allows you to determine the distance you’re shooting at. You can adjust from 20 to 80 yards, with increments of 5 yards per adjustment.
- Durable construction: Another notable benefit that comes with this sight is its durable construction. It’s made with superior quality materials. The fiber optic pins are enclosed in a material that resists tear and wear. Besides, the entire body of the sight is made to withstand the rough conditions of the hunting environment.
- Easy to use centering pin: The sight comes with a single pin that’s always centered in the sight for faster target acquisition. The single pin allows for consistent target acquisition regardless of the distance you’re shooting at. It’ll also assist you to adjust your anchor point without losing the consistency of subsequent shots.
- Easy to use the sight
- Two-feet fiber optic
- Easy to make adjustments
- Comes with a fixed bubble level
- Doesn’t come with a rheostat light
- Higher price range
Overall, the HHA Optimizer Lite 3019 bow sight stands out for being one of the best adjustable sights available today. Thus, it’s ideal for anyone looking for a highly adjustable sight.
How to Choose the Best Bow Sight
Bow sights are available in different types, styles, and sizes. The kind of sight you’ll choose will affect your shooting accuracy. Thus, you need to make your choice wisely. There’re certain factors you’ll need to consider before choosing a sight for your bow. Let’s look at these factors in detail.
1. Number of Pins
Bow sights come in different number pins. You can choose between a single pin sight and a multi-pin sight. Each option has its unique advantages over the other. Single pin sights are typically movable such that you can adjust the distance and focus by moving the pin accordingly. They’re best suitable for competition shooting and 3D shooting. However, they’re less ideal for hunting since you have to keep on adjusting the distance before shooting, making it challenging to aim at a moving prey.
Multi-pin sights have several fixed pins. The pins are often multicolored for easier use and more accurate. Their fixed design makes them ideal for hunting. They’re also ideal for use by inexperienced shooters. However, an inexperienced shooter may find it a little challenging to adjust their yardage. Sights with multiple pins usually have 3 to 7 pins. However, a higher number of pins can make your line of sight look more congested. Thus, think about your expertise when choosing the number of pins.
You wouldn’t want to struggle with a bow sight in the middle of aiming at a target, especially when hunting. Thus, consider an easy to use bow sight. It should be easy to adjust and allow for smooth, micro-adjustments. Also, it should allow for adjusting both windage and elevation. On a similar note, ensure it has calibration markings for easier adjustment. Also, it should come with features that enhance usability such as adjustment knobs and lock screws. Similarly, a sight that allows for tool-free adjustment will be more usable.
3. Bubble Level
A bubble level is extremely important when using a bow sight. The bubble level will assist you to keep the sight level to the bow. It’s especially helpful when hunting from sloped areas or an elevated position such as hunting on a climber or treestand as it’ll ensure that your bow is level. It minimizes right and left arrow misses. That way, it allows for more accurate shooting.
If you often hunt in poorly lit conditions, such as hunting in a thick forest or late in the evening, then consider a bow sight that has a lighting mechanism. For instance, a bow sight that has a rheostat light will improve visibility in poorly lit conditions. Also, a sight that has fiber optics will gather light to make the pins glow for enhanced visibility.
5. Construction Materials
It’s also important to consider the materials used in making the bow sight. It should be made of a sturdy material and coated to resist tear and wear since you’ll be using it in tough conditions. Also, the pins should be sturdy. Additionally, it should be lightweight in design to ensure that it doesn’t add much to the weight of the bow. In case it comes with fiber optics, ensure they’re properly enclosed to keep them protected from damage.
A bow sight has the potential to improve your aiming and shooting accuracy. By choosing the right bow sight for your bow, you’ll improve the chances of hitting your target. Besides, hitting the right target means that you won’t lose your precious arrows, especially when hunting. We hope that our reviews will assist you in finding the best bow sights for all your archery and hunting needs.