A stabilizer is a bow accessory used in dampening vibration and noise that occurs when releasing and after releasing an arrow. That way, your bow will feel more stable and steady. Consequently, you’ll be able to make more accurate and consistent shots, something extremely important in bow hunting. Regardless of the size or style of a bow stabilizer, they’re all meant to serve the same purpose. However, you need to choose the best bow stabilizer based on your bow set up and specific situation.
Many bow hunters wonder whether they truly need a bow stabilizer. Basically, pulling the bowstring creates energy that travels through the bow. Once an arrow is released, the bowstring releases energy. In the process, vibrations are created. The vibrations travel through the bow and your hand. Consequently, you’ll be unable to hold your bow steadily. A stabilizer comes in handy to dampen the vibrations. Thus, it’s important to have one. Read on through this guide for detailed reviews of the top 5 bow stabilizers available today.
Quick Comparison Table
|Bow Stabilizer||Length Options (Inches)||Our Rating||Price|
|Bee Stinger Sport Hunter Xtreme Stabilizer||6/8/10|
|Trophy Ridge AS1306B Static Stabilizer||3/6/9/12|
|CBE Torx Hunting Stabilizer Kit||7.5/11|
|SAS Archery Aluminum Bow Stabilizer||5/8/11|
|TRUGLO Carbon XS Archery Stabilizer||7/9|
Top 5 Bow Stabilizers
There’re many models of bow stabilizers to choose from. They’re available in a wide range of sizes and styles. Thus, it can be quite hectic to find the right one. Luckily for you, we’ve reviewed the top five bow stabilizers available today. We’ll discuss the features, pros, and cons of each model to make it easier for you to find the right option for your bow.
1. Bee Stinger Sport Hunter Xtreme Stabilizer
This Sport Hunter Xtreme Stabilizer from Bee Stinger is specially engineered to stabilize a bow by dampening vibration after firing a shot. It combines the latest vibration dampening technologies for the best results.
- Advanced vibration dampening technology: One of the features that stand out most in this stabilizer is its advanced vibration dampening technology. It combines Sims De-Resonator and Sims Internal Harmonic Dampener technologies to reduce vibration. The two technologies work by transferring vibrations from the bow riser to the stabilizer after releasing an arrow.
- Customizable weight system: The stabilizer comes with three weights. Each weight weighs 1 oz. The weights are independently removable. That way, you can customize the weight depending on the bow balance you want.
- Several sizes: The stabilizer is available in three different sizes including 6, 8, and 10 inches. Thus, you can choose the size that will suit your bow. If your bow produces a lot of vibration, you can choose a longer stabilizer. If it doesn’t produce a lot of vibration, a shorter stabilizer will suffice.
- Solid construction: Another benefit of this stabilizer is its solid construction. The entire rod is made of high-grade carbon. As a result, it’ll serve the purpose for several hunting seasons to come.
- Great noise reduction: Besides dampening vibration, the design of the stabilizer also allows for noise reduction. This is especially advantageous when hunting game. Its effectiveness in reducing noise will ensure that your prey isn’t startled when releasing an arrow.
- Great adjustability
- Excellent vibration control
- Four colors to choose from
- Superior stabilization
- Minimizes shock
- Not the best for a budget-conscious bow hunter
- The sleeve on the bolt comes off easily
If you’re ready to pay more for a technologically advanced bow stabilizer, then consider this Bee Stinger Sport Hunter Xtreme Stabilizer.
2. Trophy Ridge AS1306B Static Stabilizer
The Trophy Ridge AS1306B Static Stabilizer outdoes most stabilizers of its kinds, thanks to its multiple sizes to choose from. It’s also designed with a low-weight material, yet strong and effective at what it does.
- Ultra-lightweight: The top feature that makes this bow stabilizer stand out is its lightweight construction. It’s made of a Ballistix Copolymer System that is lighter than most popular stabilizer materials. It’s extremely strong despite being lightweight.
- Two weights: The stabilizer comes with two weights. Each weight measures 1oz. They’re customizable such that you can adjust the balance and weight as needed.
- Unique design: Additionally, the stabilizer has a unique spiral design that makes it possible to allow air to pass through it effortlessly. That way, you’ll find it easier to make steadier shots during a windy day.
- Four sizes: The stabilizer is available in four different sizes including 3, 6, 9, and 12 inches. Each size offers different stability and balance. That way, you can choose the most suitable stability and balance for your shooting needs.
- Soft Touch Ballistix Coating: Additionally, the stabilizer comes with a special Soft Touch Ballistix Coating. The special coating aids in vibration reduction for enhanced accuracy.
- Easy to attach to the bow
- Great aerodynamic design
- High-quality construction
- Tightens short groups
- Comes with a wrist sling
- Doesn’t minimize noise
- Lacks internal dampeners
The Trophy Ridge AS1306B Static Stabilizer is suitable for anyone looking for a stabilizer that can enhance shooting accuracy to the highest degree, thanks to its lightweight construction.
3. CBE Torx Hunting Stabilizer Kit
The CBE Torx Hunting Stabilizer Kit has all the features that make it one of the best bow stabilizers available today. It comes as a set of two stabilizers and a bow mount adapter.
- Stealth dampener: Each stabilizer in the kit comes with a TORX stealth dampener. The dampener reduces both vibration and noise. As such, it’s perfect for stealth hunting since it reduces the chances of alerting your prey.
- Carbon construction: The stabilizers are made of top quality carbon material for durability. Thus, they won’t wear out easily. Additionally, the carbon material is lightweight such that it won’t affect your accuracy.
- Stainless steel weights: Each stabilizer comes with 2 oz stainless steel weights. The weights are coated with black nitride. The stainless steel material and the coating makes the weights resist rust and corrosion for enhanced durability.
- Mounting adapter: The stabilizers are designed for mounting on the back of the bow riser. Also, the kit comes with a mounting adapter that makes it possible to mount each stabilizer on the front of the bow riser.
- Improved accuracy: These stabilizers boast of enhancing the accuracy of shots. Thus, they’re suitable for long-range shooting where making accurate shots is more challenging. They’ll keep your bow level to make it easier to shoot at a long-range target more consistently.
- Elegant design
- High mod carbon
- Has a stabilizing ball
- Allows for tighter groups
- Quick connect on the back bar
- Very pricey
- Single color option
The CBE Torx Hunting Stabilizer Kit is a great choice for anyone who won’t mind paying more for premium quality stabilizers.
4. SAS Archery Aluminum Bow Stabilizer
The SAS Archery Aluminum Bow Stabilizer is another reliable stabilizer for use in bow hunting purposes. It’s available in three weight options and two color options including black and camo. The stabilizer is also built for durability.
- Aluminum construction: The stabilizer is made of high precision aluminum. The aluminum material is durable for long-term use. Besides, the aluminum material is lightweight. Thus, it won’t add much weight to your bow.
- Several size options: The stabilizer comes in three size options. The sizes include 5 inches with a weight of 5.3 oz, 8 inches with a weight of 6.5 oz, and 11 inches with a weight of 10 oz. Thus, there’s a size for your needs.
- Unique vibration dampening technology: This stabilizer boasts of having a unique and advanced vibration dampening technology. It eliminates vibrations efficiently to assist you in holding your bow steadily and make more accurate shots.
- Hand shock and noise reduction: Additionally, the dampening technology in this stabilizer assists in reducing hand shock. That way, you’ll be able to hold your bow more steadily. Also, reduced hand shock will reduce hand fatigue for more consistency. Additionally, it reduces noise, making it great for hunting purposes.
- Excellent aerodynamic design: The design of this stabilizer makes it easy for crosswinds to pass through it. As a result, its performance is not affected when using it during windy conditions.
- Great stabilization
- Durable construction
- Appealing design
- Threaded to fit most bows
- Very affordable
- Non-adjustable weight
- Has a pungent smell
If you’re searching for an affordable bow stabilizer with a real camo color and excellent vibration dampening, then consider choosing this SAS Archery Aluminum Bow Stabilizer.
5. TRUGLO Carbon XS Archery Stabilizer
The TRUGLO Carbon XS Archery Stabilizer is available in two sizes including 7 and 9 inches. It uses patented TRUGLO technologies to dampen noise. It’s also available in several color options.
- Unique design: The design behind this stabilizer allows wind to pass through, making it ideal for stabilizing the bow during harsh winds. Also, crosswinds pass through the stabilizer without causing any whistling noise.
- Adjustable weight: The stabilizer comes with two weights. The weights feature an adjustable suspension system. That way, you can adjust the weight depending on specific situations. Each weight weighs 1 oz.
- Paracord sling: Another top feature of this TRUGLO stabilizer is that it comes with a stiff paracord sling. The sling is designed to assist in gripping the bow properly such that the chances of dropping the bow after every shot are reduced.
- High-performance composites: The stabilizer is made of high-performance composite materials. The composites dampen vibrations and noise efficiently. Besides, the composite material is durable.
- Curved design: The body of the stabilizer has a continuous curved design that’s able to transfer energy in a balanced manner. That way, it’s highly effective in dampening vibrations to minimize shock and noise.
- Stainless steel weights
- Three color choices
- TRU-TOUCH soft-feel coating
- Interchangeable dampening rings
- The weight comes off easily
- The end of the stabilizer is poorly glued
The design and reliability of the TRUGLO Carbon XS Archery Stabilizer make it perfect for dampening vibrations in any high-performance bow.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Bow Stabilizer
The wide variety of stabilizers available today makes it quite tedious when shopping. However, the entire shopping process can be quite simple if you know what to look out for. Here’re the most important features to consider:
Bow Set Up
The first thing you should consider is whether your bow is designed for installing a stabilizer. The last thing you’d want is to spend your hard-earned money to buy a bow stabilizer only to realize that your bow can’t be fitted with one. Check whether the back area of your bow has a place for screwing in a bow stabilizer. Most modern bows have a hole that accepts a stabilizer. Older bows may not support a stabilizer. Thus, ensure your bow can work with a stabilizer before buying one.
Different stabilizers weigh differently. The weight of a stabilizer will have an impact on your shooting experience. For instance, a heavier stabilizer will dampen more vibration than a lighter one. On a similar note, a heavier stabilizer will make it more strenuous to hold your bow for prolonged periods, especially when hunting. Thus, lighter stabilizers are more ideal for bow hunting than heavier ones. Heavier stabilizers are most suitable for archery and target practice.
A stabilizer that comes with adjustable weight will be an added advantage. Thus, consider a stabilizer that has changeable weights such that you can add or reduce the weights depending on the situation. That way, you’ll adapt the weight of the stabilizer to changing conditions.
The length of a stabilizer will determine the role it’ll serve. Typically, shorter stabilizers are designed to dampen vibrations and noise. Thus, shorter stabilizers are great for bow hunting purposes. On the other hand, longer stabilizers are designed to enhance the stability of your bow and the consistency of your shots. As a result, longer stabilizers are great for shooting at stationary targets, especially in target practice and archery.
While it’s not a must to have a bow stabilizer when hunting, it might be the bow accessory you need for more successful hunting. Adding a bow stabilizer will tighten your groupings, make your bow steadier, and reduce vibrations and noise that may alert your prey. Thus, keep our reviews in mind to stand better chances of finding the best bow stabilizer for your bow.